These are some of the most frequently asked questions by our customers. If you can’t find the answer you were looking for, just get in touch with us. We will be more than happy to help you.
1. Are you insured?
2. Are your services guaranteed?
3. What are your working hours?
4. Can you come today or tomorrow to clean?
5. Can you clean while I am away?
6. What payment methods do you accept?
7. What services do you provide?
8. Are the cleaners insured?
9. What are the cleaners’ working hours?
10. Do you have to come to the property in order to give me a quote?
Regular Domestic Cleaning
11. Who provides the cleaning materials and products?
12. Can the cleaner clean my home while I am at work?
13. I need regular cleaning once a month, is it possible?
14. Is it up to me which day of the week the cleaner will come?
15. Do you help with folding and hanging clothes, watering my plants or feeding my pet?
16. Do you clean mould or mildew?
17. Are there any minimum subscription time for regular cleaning? Can I change the frequency of the cleaning visits?
18. Do you guarantee to clean my carpets?
19. What carpet cleaning methods do you use?
20. How long until I can walk on the carpet?
21. What is ScotchGard protection?
22. Will you move the furniture in order to clean the carpets?
End of Tenancy Cleaning
23. What is not a part of the end of tenancy service?
24. How soon can I have my cleaner to come and clean my house?
25. When do you perform end of tenancy cleaning?
26. Are there any extra charges that I should be aware of?
27. Who provides the cleaning equipment?
28. Do I have to be at home at the time of the appointment?
29. What happens if I am not completely satisfied with the cleaning?
1. Are you insured? – Yes, Star Domestic Cleaners is cleaning company operating in and across London that is fully-insured.
2. Are your services guaranteed? – We will do what is needed in order to rectify the situation.
3. What are your working hours? – Our operators are available 24/7 (even on Bank holidays), so we are available to answer any question you have or to schedule a cleaning for you.
4. Can you come today or tomorrow to clean? – Depending on the availability of our cleaners, we could come today or tomorrow, our customer care staff will let you of the soonest available slots.
5. Can you clean while I am away? – Yes, we can make an arrangement to pick up the property keys and bring them back to a preferred location. You can always ask our representatives to find the best solution for every situation.
6. What payment methods do you accept? – We accept cash and card payments.
7. What services do you provide? – Our cleaning services are completely focused on residential properties. We clean apartments and houses. All of our cleaning services can be seen by hovering on the “services” link in the main navigation bar.
8. Are the cleaners insured? – The cleaners have a full public liability cover, which in case of an accident or any kind of property damage, will cover the full price for compensation.
9. What is the cleaners’ working schedule? – Working hours are flexible- ranging from early morning to evening in order to suit everyone’s needs.
10. Do you have to come to the property in order to give me a quote? – That is not necessary, simply give us as many details about the property and what you need to be cleaned and our consultants will give you an approximation of what the service will cost.
Regular Domestic Cleaning
11. Who provides the cleaning materials and products? – For an additional fee, we can provide the cleaning supplies for your regular cleaning.
12. Can the cleaner clean my home while I am at work? – Yes, she can. You can even leave the keys to the cleaner if that is more convenient for you. Depending on your needs, other arrangements can be made for your comfort.
13. I need regular cleaning once a month, is it possible? – Yes, but there is no guarantee that we will be able to send the same cleaner each time.
14. Is it up to me which day of the week the cleaner will come? – Yes, you are free to choose which day the cleaner will come. In case your appointed cleaner is not available, we will suggest an alternative one.
Learn more about our regular domestic cleaning option here.
15. Do you help with folding and hanging clothes, watering my plants or feeding my pet? – Yes, upon request, we can add those tasks to the service.
16. Do you clean mould or mildew? – Mould and mildew are very hard to clean due to their specific nature. Depending on the level at which it has spread, we might be able to clean it to a certain extent, although we cannot provide any guarantees. Please let us know if mould and mildew are one of the tasks you want us to perform.
17. Are there any minimum subscription time for regular cleaning? Can I change the frequency of the cleaning visits? – There is no minimum contract obligation and you can change the frequency of the cleaning visit by calling one of our consultants or writing us an e-mail.
18. Do you guarantee to clean my carpets? – Our primary job is to meet your demands, so in case you are not completely satisfied, we will re-clean until you are 100% happy with the results.
19. What carpet cleaning methods do you use? – Visit our carpet cleaning page for complete information on this service. We use both HWE (hot water extraction) and Low Moisture/ Dry Cleaning methods.
20. How long until I can walk on the carpet? – The dry cleaning method leaves only 5% moisture in the carpet, so in a well-ventilated place, it won’t take any longer than several minutes for the piece to be completely dry.
21. What is Fabric Protection? – A protective layer applied on your carpets to keep them from dust, dirt and even spills. Learn how it works on the carpet cleaning page.
22. Will you move the furniture in order to clean the carpets? – The cleaners are able to move light furniture in order to properly clean your carpets. However, they will not be able to move big furniture such as double beds or large sofas and will do their best to clean all visible areas.
End of Tenancy Cleaning
23. What is not a part of the end of tenancy service? – Spot wall cleaning is provided on request and for which you will be additionally charged. Note that we do not take any responsibility for damage to the walls. Exterior window cleaning and carpet cleaning are also not part of the service, but luckily you can get a discount when booking a combination of services. See our end of tenancy checklist.
24. How soon can I have my cleaner to come and clean my house? – We will do our best to schedule your session as soon as possible. Usually, you can have your cleaner in no more than 4 days.
25. When do you perform end of tenancy cleaning? – The earliest hour we can start the cleaning is 7 am, while the latest one is 4 pm. Here you can see example slots: from 7 am, 8 am, 9 am, 12 am, 2 pm, 3 pm and 4 pm.
26. Are there any extra charges that I should be aware of? – No, we don’t have any hidden charges. However, in some cases it may be required an additional charging – an example of that would be if there is no parking space available and we have to pay for a parking permit. Congestion zones are something to take into consideration when arranging a cleaner. Also, surcharges may apply for slots on weekends or bank holidays (depending on the availability). However, don’t worry about all the small details, our representatives will sum up and explain everything before you book.
27. Who provides the cleaning equipment? – We carry all the required detergents, equipment and tools. The cleaners only need an access to your property, water and electricity.
28. Do I have to be at home at the time of the appointment? – No, we only need access to the property. Our phone operators can arrange everything – from picking up to bringing back the keys to a nearby place – a property manager or a neighbour.
29. What happens if I am not completely satisfied with the service? – In case it happens, we have a 72h guarantee and we will come for a re-clean free of charge.
If you have a question you didn’t find an answer to, please mention it when calling us or filling the contact form. Thank you!