How to Clean Kitchen Cabinets
A clean and presentable kitchen is im-por-tant. With the time you spend in the kitchen, there are some obvious places that need to be cleaned frequently. Most times, though, the kitchen cabinets sit off to the side quietly and collect the history of your meals into a beautiful cocktail of slime and grease.
If this is the case with you, and it’s been a while since they’ve been cleaned, hold on! It is still possible to restore your cupboard to its former glory.
Supplies needed (that you probably already have at home):
- Dish Soap;
- Cleaning Cloth;
- White Vinegar;
- Baking soda / Soda Crystals.
How to Clean Wood Cabinets
Here we have five methods we found at Star Domestic Cleaners to be ideal for how to clean kitchen cabinets.
- Wipe the surface with soapy water by using a cleaning cloth or a sponge.
- Mix up one cup of vinegar to one cup of hot water and use a soft sponge to scrub the cupboard. Vinegar is an excellent cleaning agent because it’s acidic, which makes it cut through the sticky grease and grime. Dry up after you finish.
- Dissolve a couple of teaspoons of baking soda or soda crystals in a bowl and wipe with a soft sponge or a cloth.
- Try a specialized wood-cleaning product if the grease and stains are still there.
- Remember to dust regularly. Fine oily particles will settle on all surfaces, acting as a magnet to attract dust. A combination of oil and dust forms that sticky, hard-to-remove residue, which when left undisturbed, attracts even more dirt. Not to mention the health benefits of regular dusting.
Or, of course, you can get someone else to handle this domestic chore for you. Cleaning sticky grease off kitchen cabinets is a time-consuming endeavour, so why not trust our professionals and book a one-off deep cleaning service with us. It will save you lots of headaches and the result will be outstanding.
How to Clean Grease OFF Laminate Kitchen Cabinets
Although laminates can look like the real deal with grain, they usually have a smooth surface that prevents grime from getting ingrained.
However, if you’d like to take extra care, you can consider the following steps on how to clean laminate kitchen cabinets.
- Clean with a solution of soap and warm water.
- Apply laminate-approved products, since they will provide thoughtful care and protect your laminate from getting hazy.
- Use toothbrush as an assistant for the crevices.
- Don’t use excessive amounts of water as it can damage the laminate.
How to Clean Painted Kitchen Cabinets
In order to better clean your painted kitchen cupboards, first, determinate what kind of paint they are.
To do that take piece of cotton and slightly wet the cotton with rubbing alcohol. Rub the cotton ball on the surface. Water-based paint leaves a residue. Oil-Based paint doesn’t leave a residue. Thus here are a few tips to clean painted kitchen cabinets.
- Wipe down the cupboard with warm soapy water. Or use 1 to 1 mix of vinegar and water.
- Mix baking soda and water, then rub intensely.
- Scrub more aggressively since cabinets coated with an oil-based paint are hard-wearing.
Water-based latex paints, on the other hand, are delicate.
- Avoid baking soda, it may scratch the surface. Instead, soapy water, vinegar or a good detergent will do the work here
- Remember to be gentle with the surface.
- Restrict the use of toothbrush on latex, as the scrubbing may damage the paint.
How to Clean Metal Kitchen Cabinets
Metal cabinets are not as hard to clean as wood cabinets.
Here are a few tips and tricks to keep your metal cabinet fresh and clean.
- Use soapy water or vinegar.
- Restrict yourself from using baking soda as it can scratch the metal surface.
- For harsh stains and dirt, you can use alcohol. If that works, you can try a professional metal / stainless steel cleaner.
- To clean rust, use fine steel wool (but not when cleaning AGA cookers yourself). Cautiously rub around the rusted area and wipe.
- Don’t use excessive amounts of water as this can provoke erosion.
Got a musty smell? Here’s How to Get Rid of a Damp Odours.
Dirty Kitchen Cabinets… And Finally,
The best way to fight the grease off kitchen cabinets is to avoid it. Making sure you wipe the cupboards regularly. It will prevent you from all the headaches. Remember to dust regularly, because this is one reason for the grease and grime to build up in your kitchen.
Contact us for professional help.
At Domestic Cleaners, we know that when it comes to cleaning dirty ovens professionally, most people simply forget that scrubbing, removing grease and build-ups. But using natural cleaning solutions like lemon is one of many natural and eco-friendly alternatives to detergents. To clean your oven good enough and still avoid dangerous chemicals that are commonly […]
Cleaning boiler tubes, maintenance, and care are the best way to get the most out of your unit by preventing overdrive and preserving the piping system. Fewer deposits mean healthier pipes that won’t threaten to leak, burst, or further contaminate your heating infrastructure. The OFTEC, or Oil Fire Technical Association, as well as gas-fired boiler […]