Carpets have the magic power to make your home way more warm and cosy, while your feet feel like being in the heaven… But every carpet owner knows, they have a problem letting go of stains.
As the household king or queen, you will often face the problem of how to clean those nasty, stubborn, and vissualy unpleasing carpet stains, right? Some stains are easy to clean, while others can bring you a headache. These types of stains need bothspecial efforts and cleaning solutions.
The carpet cleaning experts from Star Domestic Cleaners have composed a list of the five worst carpet stains and how to remove them. It includes useful tips for effective cleaning your beloved soft floor covering.
To begin with…
Before we get started, there are several good practices one can follow when cleaning carpet stains:
- Find out what kind of carpet you have, what material is it made from before you actually start cleaning it.
- Test your stain cleaning solution over an unnoticeable hidden area to check how it affects your rugs.
- Do not use an overmuch product and do not scrub or rub the carpet – it will damage it.
So it is time to move on to our list of the most common carpet stains and cleaning tips to get rid of them completely.
Note: Rugs and carpets are just like drapery, and curtains – they can be dry clean only and unsuitable to wash.
How to clean blood stains out of a carpet
There is no way to talk about blood stains without it sounds horrific. A wound, no matter how small it is, is disturbing enough, without the added stress of staining your carpet.
But rest assured you can clean blood from carpet to a great extent using the tips below:
- Smear the stain with a solution of one tablespoon hand dishwashing detergent and one cup of cold water.
- Use a dry white cloth to blot the spot, that the blood will transfer to the cloth.
- Rinse with cold water and repeat until the stain is gone.
Last-gasp effort: If you are still seeing the blood on your rug, you can use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Moisten the remaining stain with it and leave it for an hour. Then soak up it with a clean cloth.
How to remove red wine stains from a carpet
Maybe you are one of those people who enjoy the evening with a glass of wine. Doctors say a glass a day is good for the heart, but it is not so fine for your carpet and rugs.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to clean it up:
- Absorb as much of the fresh spill as you can, using a clean cloth.
- Mix one tablespoon white vinegar, one tablespoon hand dishwashing liquid, and three tablespoons warm water. Apply the solution to the spot and let the carpet dry.
- Vacuum gently to remove the rest of the stain.
Last-gasp effort: No one wants a vinegar-scented floor. You can avoid it. Afterwards, you use the solution, soak up the carpet with water and hoover again.
How to clean coffee stains out of a carpet
Who does not love a cup of aromatic coffee in the morning?
Your carpet, rugs and couch certainly do not. Among the hustle in the morning, it is easy to leave a few coffee on them. And that makes your morning even more unpleasant.
Here is a decision on that noticeable coffee stains:
- Damp the spilt coffee immediately with water.
- Add some mild liquid detergent and gently scrub the stain with a sponge.
- Use a white cloth to absorb the fluid.
Last-gasp effort: If the spot still appears, you can make a coffee removal with vinegar. Mix one tablespoon of vinegar and lukewarm water. Apply the solution onto the stain. Use a sponge to get coffee out of the carpet.
How to tackle surpises form your beloved pet
In case you are a pet owner, then you know just how frustrating it can be to deal with the occasional “gift” Sparky can leave.
Especially when they are on our clean Persian carpet. But it has no time to panic.
Fresh pet stains cam be effortless to remove.
Here is the best way to remove pet urine from your carpet:
- Clean up the initial mess. Pick up any debris and blot up any liquids as much as possible. Use clean paper towels and do not rub.
- Spray the area with distilled white vinegar or an enzymatic cleaner, available at pet stores. Leave it overnight.
- Sponge up the fluid with paper towels, pressing firmly into it.
Last-gasp effort: It is important to neutralize dog scent by DIY if you do not want your pet to develop a nasty habit. The same applies for cat odours. Sprinkle a little baking soda on the spot and let it sit some hours. Now, scrape it up and then vacuum the carpet.
How to remove mud from carpet
Probably the most common home chore during the winter months is cleaning the mud. Snow and rain make it easy to transfer the mud on your carpet. The problem is worse if you have children or pets.
Follow the steps below:
- Let the mud dry completely. This seems counterintuitive but the mud is easier to remove dry.
- Brush or scrape off as much as possible.
- Vacuum the affected area well.
Last-gasp effort: If there is some mud left, it is time to use a detergent solution. Mix one teaspoon mild detergent and one cup lukewarm water. Apply it to the spot gently, let it dry and vacuum again.
How to clean mould out of carpet?
Now you have it, your guide to removing the worst carpet stains. With this knowledge, you are ready to clean your carpet and make it spotless and fresh again. In case of hinders, do not hesitate and book professional cleaning to get hassle and nerves out of the way.